I am suffering from life crises. Nothing goes my way. Give me some prayers to read!
Mufti sahib please give me some advice in sharia. I have been going through a lot problems recently and trying every avenue to sort it out. Just when I have my hopes high that it`s coming right something happens and it turns out the opposite. I just reach dead ends all the time… I’ve been praying hard, trying to keep happy and positive but it’s so difficult. Now I feel too distressed and write this with a very sad distressed heart, tired of this world. Please mufti sahib give me some prayers I may read to ALLAH answer my prayers and there is positive actions in my life. Please pray for me too. Jazak – Allah
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
We sympathise with you and pray Allah obliterates your predicament, misery and plight. Ameen.
On the outset it is vital to acknowledge that not a single mortal is spared from some form of challenge and difficulty in his or her life; some of these struggles are physical whereas others are internal. Even the most beloved creations of Allah – the Prophets – experienced difficult and challenging situations. Our lives are like sailing across the Atlantic; while at times one is at peace and tranquillity with warmth, desired and smooth conditions, there are times where one is encountered with cold, gloomy and bumpy situations.
Prophet Muhammad (peace and salutations be upon him) said:
مَا مِنْ مُصِيبَةٍ تُصِيبُ الْمُسْلِمَ إِلَّا كَفَّرَ اللَّهُ بِهَا عَنْهُ حَتَّى الشَّوْكَةِ يُشَاكُهَا
Translation: There is no difficulty that falls upon a Muslim except that Allah removes a sin because of it even if a thorn pricks him. [Sahīh al-Bukhārī, 5317]
Pray to Allah for ease in your affair, entertain full believe in Allah that He will respond to your call and adopt resilience. Allah is the One who opens the distressed hearts and infuses love and mercy between antagonists. Allah Ta`ala states:
إن مع العسر يسرا
Translation: Verily, with every hardship there is ease. [Al-Qur`an, 6: 94]
You may adopt the following steps to ease you in your predicament:
- Accept and acknowledge that these external and internal challenges are a test from Allah, The Most High, designed to make us a better person.
- Keep your focus on the hereafter and in pleasing Allah The Most High through submitting to His dictates without encumbering yourself with the social intricacies that emerge from this transient life. To feel distressed and disheartened due to certain circumstances in this life is perfectly normal, but do not allow it to distract you from your ultimate objective in life; acquiring the pleasure of Allah The Most High. By enduring such hardships and being patient and hopeful hoping of the reward from Allah, Allah The Most High will hopefully remove more severe calamities, purify us from sins, and grant us a loft status in Paradise. Ameen.
- Ponder upon the other innumerable bounties of Allah The Most High bestowed upon you. Imagine those who are living in severe and more disadvantaged conditions than you. Imagine those men incarcerated and tortured in prisons, those helpless women who have been widowed, those innocent children who have been deprived of the shoulder of their fathers, those rich and powerful families who have become homeless overnight due to war or a natural catastrophe. Be grateful to Allah for blessing you with faith and all the other bounties you cherish.
- Regardless of the situation you are facing or the feeling you experience, Allah The Most High is always watching you and aware of your hardship. Seek assistance from him by supplicating to him and remaining steadfast in your Islamic obligations.
We advise you recite the following supplications while focussing on their meanings:
إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ، اللهُمَّ أْجُرْنِي فِي مُصِيبَتِي، وَأَخْلِفْ لِي خَيْرًا مِنْهَا
Transliteration: Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raa`ji`oon. Allahumma Aajurnee fee museebatee wakhlif lee khayran minhaa
Translation: We belong to Allah and to Him shall we return; O Allah, reward me for my affliction and give me something better than it in exchange for it.
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الهَمِّ وَالحَزَنِ، وَالعَجْزِ وَالكَسَلِ، وَالجُبْنِ وَالبُخْلِ، وَضَلَعِ الدَّيْنِ، وَغَلَبَةِ الرِّجَالِ
Transliteration: Allahumma innee a’oodhubika minal hamma wal hazani wal ‘ajzi wal kasali wal jubni wal bukhli wa dala’id dayni wa ghalabatir rijaal.
Translation: O Allah! I seek refuge with You from worry and grief, from incapacity and laziness, from cowardice and miserliness, from being heavily in debt and from being overpowered by (other) men. [Sahih al-Bukhari, 6369, The Book of Du’as]
رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا
Transliteration: Rabbanaa hab lanaa min azwaajinaa wa zurriyyaatinaa qurrata aa`yunin wajal lanaa lil muttaqeena imaamaa
Translation: O Our Lord, Grant us the coolness of our eyes from our spouses and children, and make us leaders of the pious. [Al-Qur`an, 25:74]
رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ
Transliteration: Rabbi innee limaa anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqeer
Translation: O Our Lord, Indeed I am needy of whatever good you bestow on me. [Al-Qu`rān 28:24]
لاَ حَوْلَ وَ لاَ قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِالله
Transliteration: Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaa billah
Translation: There is no might or power except with Allah.
Supplicate to remove restlessness and grief. Anas ibn Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) narrates that whenever Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was overcame with any restlessness or sorrow he would read the supplication:
يا حيّ يا قيّوم، برحمتك أستغيث
Transliteration: Yaa Hayy, Yaa Qayyoom, birahmatika astagheeth.
Translation: O Ever-Living One, O Everlasting One, by Your mercy I seek help. [Sunan at-Tirmidhi, 2: 192, Qadimi Kutub Khana]
- To engage in the remembrance of Allah, to recite the Glorious Qur`an, to sit in the company of pious people, and to listen to the speeches of our great Ulema may also help you overcome your issue. Allah says:
الا بذكر الله تطمئن القلوب
Translation: Remember, in the remembrance of Allah is the solace [comfort and peace] of the heart. [Al-Qur`an, 13: 28]
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Hanif Yusuf Patel
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
The Ask Our Imam site hopes to respond to queries relating to Islamic law. It is not an Islamic Law Shari`ah Court. The questions and answers found on this website are for educational purposes. However, many of the rulings rendered here are distinct to the specific scenario and thus should be read in conjunction with the question and not taken as a basis to establish a verdict in another situation or environment. This site bears no responsibility in these responses being used out of their intended context, nor to any party who may or may not follow the responses given and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused. None of the responses rendered may be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of Our Imam. Any reference to another website or link provided in our responses or article should not be taken as an endorsement of all the content on that website; in fact, it is restricted to the particular material being cited.
Posted in Miscelleaneous on 3rd Mar 2016 by Our Imam | 410 Views