In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious The Most Merciful
“And say: My Lord increase me in knowledge.” [Qur’an, 20:114]
“The seeking of knowledge is obligatory upon every Muslim” [Hadith]
The Ask Our Imam website is a non-profitable website headed by our Imam, Mufti Hanif Patel.
The aims & objectives of Ask Our Imam:
• Answering fatawa (legal rulings) and providing guidance on relevant and contemporary issues (according to the Hanafi school)
• Seeking the pleasure of Allah Ta`ala
• Kindling the flame of traditional and recognised juristic legacy
• Offering a reliable platform for Muslims and non-Muslims alike to acquire true teachings of Islam.
• Upholding the Prophetic sunnah of ta`lim, tazkiyah and tabligh.
• Reaching out to the people in fulfilling the rights of The Creator and the rest of the creation.
• Imparting authentic and balanced knowledge via fatawa, articles, researches and audios
• Mentoring readers on their social and moral development as taught by Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him)
• Advocating the positive and effective contribution of Muslims within their communities
• Mapping a comprehensive, classical and coherent understanding of the Qur’an, Hadith and Islamic Jurisprudence.
The website is headed by (Mufti) Hanif Patel. (Mufti) Hanif graduated from Jamiatul Ilm Wal Huda, Blackburn, U.K, with a distinction in Alimiyyah degree. He thereafter travelled to Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah Durban, South Africa, to train as a Mufti under the tutelage of Mufti Ebrahim Desai and Mufti Husain Kadodia (may Allah preserve them both. Ameen). Mufti Hanif is currently a teacher at Jamiatul Ilm Wal Huda, UK.
Quotes from senior Scholars
In this era of scientific calculations and technological advancements, when innovation is the name of the game, it is amazing to observe how innovation itself is used to preserve the pristine purity of Islam and our original values. It is indeed a challenge to live in modern times and practice on a pure path shown to us 1500 years ago by Rasulullah (salallahu alayhi wasallam).
The website of sincere and dedicated Ulama serve like pathways in the centre of the ocean saving the Ummah from drowning in this world that is infested and saturated with all forms of evil.
It is pleasing to note the launch of the website www.askourimam.com by Mufti Hanif Patel Saheb (May Allah preserve him).
Mufti Hanif Patel Saheb has studied his Mufti course under me. I have observed great talents and potential in him which are also manifested in the website: www.askourimam.com and his Fatawa.
It is my dua that Allah make the website www.askourimam.com the Imam for people searching for righteousness.
اللهم اجْعَله لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا
Oh my Allah, make it the Imam (leader) of the Muttaqeen (righteous)
– Mufti Ebrahim Desai (May Allah preserve him)
[Founder and Director of Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah, Durban, S.A]
To learn and propagate divine knowledge is indeed a religious obligation and most rewarding. There is no doubt that acquiring knowledge has become ever so important nowadays. Similarly, there is no doubt that the people of knowledge must endeavour to impart the true and authentic Islamic teachings and quench the thirst of knowledge within the masses. I hope this website serves the purpose and objectives highlighted by (Mufti) Hanif Patel. I pray to The Almighty that He accepts his efforts, allows people across the globe to benefit from the website and make the website a means to salvation for him, all those assisting him in facilitating the website and for all viewers. Ameen.
– Mufti Abdus Samad Ahmed (May Allah preserve him)
[Principal of Jamiatul Ilm Wal Huda, Blackburn, U.K]]